Peri and Post-Natal Massage Therapy
Melissa Ganzer is our peri and post-natal expert. She completed an intensive Trimesters: Massage Therapy Education course in 2013, and has since found a passion in providing women support in their journey towards motherhood.
Benefits of Massage Therapy in Pregnancy
- Relieves stress & promotes relaxation
- Increase circulation of blood and lymph
- Relieves muscle spasm, cramping, and discomfort
With my continued education I have gained confidence in my knowledge of
- positioning for clients on the table 1st-3rd trimester
- changes in anatomy, physiology and postural changes during pregnancy
- self-care strategies to help deal with pregnancy symptoms
- treatment of post-natal complications - diastasis Recti, muscular imbalances etc.
High Risk / Concerns
- Massage therapy can safely be applied to any woman in a high risk pregnancy provided it is done with a full knowledge of the clients health history. Communication is key!
-Treatment modifications can be used in many situations to ease discomfort
Ex: High blood Pressure, Pre-Eclampsia, Leg Cramping, edema, varicose veins,